Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Guest Speaker Hysteria

I'm starting to wonder if anyone reads my blogs...come on people post me! Anywhoo, I consider myself a networker so I've been out scouting for guest speakers for this class based on the interests you all expressed in the introductions last week.

Through a little harassment and phone stalking I've found more great people that relate to your interests and future goals. This is tough because hate it or love it we still have a lot to cover in the book...and of course I have to do some speaking/teaching myself. But I know other people in the industry can be very interesting..and from your blogs I see a lot of you agree with me...so I'm going to try to figure this out so we still have a balance.

All things considered I've almost secured someone from the online PR world to give you the scoop on online public relations and editorial. And possibly a ecommerce web designer that can loop you all in on some other tricks of the trade regarding the components of successful Ecommerce sites. He's very lively and fun so I'm sure you guys will love him...and this PR site is so interesting I'm excited to hear more about it myself. I'm crossing my fingers that they both confirm soon....so I will keep you guys updated.

Last thing is that I may not be able to get all of my speakers to do double duty...meaning speak to both classes but you are welcome to sit in on another class to hear the speakers of your choice. The speakers noted on the syllabus have already agreed to talk to both classes...so they are good to go.

At any rate...I hope you guys are having a relaxing time off. I'm sure we'll all be bright eyed and bushy tailed come Monday!

7 comments:

JMUNGUIA said...

I really do think that the guests speakers that you have in class help us alot. I like the fact that we have people come from businesses that our online. I learned so much more that i didnt know from the speakers. I liked all of the guest speakers that we had so far but my most favorite was the Tipjar.com. i was really impressed from the site. I learned alot more about what it really takes to set up an ecommerace site.

Markie said...

I do think that the guest speakers give us a better inside about the internet and how to actually run a business online. I actually signed up for the tipjar website and told other people about it because I felt it was very interesting. I also liked how she was a graduate from fidm so we could see what other people are doing with our degree. Well I encourage you to bring in more guest speakers because it's also a great for networking.

stephaniewettlin said...

I like that the guest speakers give us a realistic perspective about what it takes to create a successful ecommerce site, and I have found that the insight they provide is valuable to those of us who have considered opening our own businesses. I hope that the PR speaker will be able to come to our class because I would be interested to hear what they have to say.

chayne said...

I love having guest speakers. I learn alot when the concepts talked about in the book and so forth are put into real life situations. I think that all of the speakers have lent great knowledge and reality to the online world. Thanks for putting the time and energy into finding new resources for our learning experience.

A.Hennessey said...

I really do think that having guest speakers in class is very helpful and i enjoy it very much. It is very interesting to hear people who are out in the real world actually working. I think that it is cool to hear success stories because i makes me think i can make it in the fashion industry as well. It is nice to hear there advice and hear about there journeys. THe guest speakers really do relate to us in a lot of ways and it is very effective way of learning.

Anonymous said...

i feel that the gst speakers have really gave a realistic point of view on how websites are created and the main focus when organizing one....i feel that having so many different people sharing there expirences really help out with wanting to pursue something like this......
dlundy

llocke said...

I would have to agree that guest speakers do bring a different perspective to the overall classroom experience. I think it really reinforces a better knowledge and understanding of what is taught on a weekly basis. It really helps me grasp the concept of E-commerce and how all the different online companies run.